Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chemistry and Agriculture

Assalamu'laikum and Salam sejahtera.

I've been working in Electronic company, but I'm a chemistry back ground and working in the Chemical section of the company. With the up down yo yo of the electronic bussines, I'm starting to re-learn agriculture which I used to do when I was a kid. Furthermore my son has started going to College and have difficulties to get scholarship.
Now I have a small "Leech pond", small Mushroom house and the latest 1000 small agarwood trees. I'ts more on experimental.
My Leeches are still alive, but I havent sell any!Some growing and some are dying.
The mushrooms are rather easy..Now I can have fresh 'grey oyster' every day and my family only eat self grown mushroom. If there are extra mushroom we could sell it at Rm10/kg..rather good price, but we only have small stock about 2-3kg/week.
My Agarwood/Gaharu..just started about a month. I got some agarwood 'stumps' and replanting in polybag...now small leavs start to come up. Havent really decided either to sell these seed or plant it in my family land in Kampung/village. The problem is...who can take care in the Kampung...200km away! My brothers and sisters(though living in Kampung) but there are, teacher, mechanic and small bussinesman/women...not really interested in agriculture...
A bit funny...I'm in Town with very small piece of land but very interested in going back as a farmer. But my siblings with a lot of 'unutilised' land ..they don't like farming...what a strange world.

No comments:

Post a Comment