Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lone walk and bus

Yesterday , 27 Jan (Saturday) and today, I tried to walk or travel a lone.
Before lunch time I went to masjid Anwar again in District 8 to buy some 'telekung' (ladies prayer clothing) for  (refer my previous posting:
http://chemistryagro.blogspot.com/2013/01/vietnam-anwar-tahfiz-jim-dan-ikram.html ). At first I wanted to try take a bus from Ben Than Market, but when I called Ust Rahman, he offered to pick me up (using his new motorbike!). He even invited me for lunch and asked his student to send me back...masyaAllah..Alhamdulillah.

I was informed, that there is good Indian Resturant, serving real Briyani with basmati rice, located not very far from Ben Than market. After fajr prayer, I just walked to the said location, about 10 minutes walk from Ben Than market. At 7 am the restaurant is still closed. Never mind, as I just want to conform the location (before inviting all of you to join!).



 I realised that this Indian restaurant is located not very far from Nancy mosque. Thus, I walked further east toward Nancy area, or toward the end of District 1. This is second time I visited this area... but during both visit the Masjid is closed (not the prayer time).




My first visit was after isyak prayer around 8pm. I try to locate the 'Pho/Noodle sup Muslim' stall, now is 7am....alhamdulillah I found it.. a street behind the Masjid Nancy. Alhamdulillah the husband/male in the shop can speak Malay..'Assalamu'alaikum..jemput duduk'....40 thousand Dong (about RM 6) for the beef noodle and cofee with milk...not bad..
(Early morning at Ben Than market Bus Station)

Should I walk back to the hotel?..It would take 30 minutes... Let's try to take a bus a lone.. any bus to Ben Than  Market..yup..got it. I load in 6K Dong (about 90sen Malaysia).. the driver and other passenger said ..'nam ngien'..5K only...what ever just few 'sen'.. The driver gave me small coin return.. I never seen 1K Vietnam syiling before.... let me see carefully...oops, it got picture of Abraham Lincoln ....it is 1cent US!..
On the way back to Hotel, there is life ochestra performing in front of the Opera House.

No comments:

Post a Comment